The Schacht Ladybug Portable Spinning Wheel
The Ladybug Spinning Wheel is friendly to entry-level spinners, easy to treadle, easy to take with you, and…as cute as a bug! The Ladybug has the characteristic solid Schacht construction and its unique design is both functional and charming. Light weight with designed-in carrying handles in the legs, make the Ladybug easy to pick up and transport. An optional attached tensioned Lazy Kate integrates into the front leg and makes it easy to take along, too!. All orders to the Continental U.S. will receive Free Shipping.
The Ladybug Spinning Wheel uses Scotch tension, and can also be used in double drive mode. The Ladybug comes with medium and fast flyer whorls; the slow and high speed whorls can also be used for a wide range of ratios.
Included with each Schacht Ladybug Spinning Wheel are a poly drive band, threading hook, three travel bobbins [pictured with the optional maple wood bobbins], medium [7:1 & 9:1] and fast [10.5:1 & 12.5:1] whorls, a double drive band, and an owners manual. Each Ladybug Spinning Wheel is unique - somewhere on your wheel is your very own Ladybug pal.
The Schacht Ladybug Portable Spinning Wheel features:
- Built in carry-handles
- Double Treadle
- Weighs 13.5 lb
- 16" Drive wheel
- 3/8" orifice, 27" orifice height
- Scotch tension with the double drive option
- The Standard Travel Bobbins fit the Schacht Matchless, Ladybug and Sidekick Spinning Wheels
- The optional "Bulky Plyer Flyer" can be ordered
- The travel, regular and high speed bobbins fit on the bulky flyer shaft, so you don't need to change flyers to use your existing bobbins.
- The bulky bobbins fit on the Ladybug Lazy Kate.
- The whorl ratios do not change when using the bulky flyer.
Here's a video clip showing how to add sequins to your spinning
Delivery takes about 3 weeks normally.