We are very excited about ASHFORD's new book collaboration with Deborah Jarchow.
Rigid Heddle Weaving Basics and Beyond
by Deborah Jarchow, published by Ashford.
Explore color, design, and texture as you follow Deborah’s clear,
step-by-step, instructions. From warping, weaving, trouble shooting and
projects featuring plain weave to inlay and hand-manipulated lace this
book opens up a whole world of creative weaving.
- The basics for getting started: the looms, parts, differences in models and sizes, yarns and sett, terminology.
- Plain Weave: Detailed instruction - with pictures - the process of learning to weave on a rigid heddle loom. Warping, weaving basics, beating, selvedges, tie knots in fringe, and wet finishing. Weaving a plain weave scarf.
- Plain Weave Variations: Creating warp faced or weft faced fabrics. Variations with ppi and epi. Yarn texture or size for design. Working with hairy yarn. Sett variations and fringe treatments.
- Playing with Color: Color design and color combinations.
- Structure Variations: How to use pickup sticks and hand manipulations. Waffle weave, honeycomb, leno Brooks bouquet and adding beads.
- Other Interesting Techniques: Clasped weft, Knots and loops. Differential shrinkage.
- More Advanced Techniques: Using more than one heddle. Warping and using double heddles. Vertical tubes, pockets and layers.
- Filled with useful information - even an "OOOPS" four page chapter.
201 pages, softcover
8½" x 9"
Shipping weight: 3 lb