Improvements of the David III:
1. It has a sturdier frame: the front posts, the main uprights and the foot rail are 27 mm thick (was 21 mm).
2. Standing beater, with a hinge point close to the floor, the result is smooth movement and a favorable pivot radius to strike the fell line.
3. The hinge hooks of the beater are mounted on the loom and not on the beater uprights. This makes it easier to remove and replace the beater.
4. The warp beam and the cloth beam have a larger diameter. This requires fewer revolutions to wind your warp beam and therefore less tension discrepancies in the warp threads. The sectional warp kit now has space for 4 bars that attach to the warp beam, instead of 3. This improves assembly and function.
5. We have added a new cloth beam advance lever. It has a magnet that holds the pawl in the ratchet wheel, allowing you to advance more fabric with one movement of the handle.
6. The breast beam has countersunk holes to make it easier to mount the beam on the front posts.
7. The tie-up cords for the treadles are permanently connected to the lams and can be moved above the treadles where you need them. The screw heads on the treadles are slightly smaller, making it easier to hook on the cords.
8. The tension brake on the warp beam is no longer an accessory, but standard. The brake disc is much larger and is now also a crank handle with which you can wind on your warp. The handle rotates in the disc, not in your hand.
9. You can now adjust the shaft height with a knurled nut and the horizontal adjustment with a screw. Therefore the small texsolv pins in the cords are no longer needed.
10. Folding the David is easier and there are no loose parts that can get lost.
11. We include two wooden raddle covers that you can slide over the raddle. These are useful for inserting the warp threads into the raddle and then they close the raddle when winding on your warp.
12. Two side clamps are included and useful when setting up and threading the warp.
13. In addition to the assembly instructions, there are instructions on how to dress the loom.
Shown with the optional Bench.
Accessories Available for purchase separately:
WE PAY STANDARD SHIPPING! U.S. contiguous 48 states only.
Current backlog is approximately 5 months