2 Speed Drum Carder
- NOW WITH PACKER and CLEANING BRUSHES INCLUDED!
- This new, improved model has two ratios for even more flexibility and control when carding and blending:
the 6:1 ratio to prepare your fleece. The controlled intake and carding
will produce a smooth even batt ready for blending, spinning or
- Use the 4:1 ratio to blend sliver, colors and different fiber types consistently into an open and airy batt.
new carder retains the adjustable drum clearance - allows you to set
the teeth distance for total control of your fiber. All nylon bearings
ensure it is light and easy to turn. The card cloth has wire teeth with a
special protective coating and a flexible rubber backing for long life.
The carder is strong and robust with the body made from Silver
Beech hardwood. The carder has rubber feet to prevent it slipping. Card a
60 gm (2oz) batt quickly and efficiently. It comes assembled and lacquered ready to use.
An awl/doffer, Cleaning Brush, Packer Brush, 2 clamps and carding instructions are included.
Batt size 55cm x 23cm (22ins x 9ins)- Weight is only 5kg (11lb)
Available. . . a "Packer Brush" to fit the standard size drum carders
that came without one. All brackets and hardware included.
NO Drum Card will remove all vegetable matter - it'll just break it up
so 'some' will fall out when carding. Pick the veg out BEFORE you card
for best results.
Ideas for Use:
- 1. Card fleece into large 60gm (2 oz) batts.
- 2. Blend colors - natural blacks with dyed blue looks stunning!
- 3. Blend different fibers - wool and mohair, wool and silk - experiment!
Fleeces with a break and short edge pieces from a fleece card well
together to make a batt for felting or a sliver for worsted spinning.
- * It's kinder on the machine and carding cloth to wash fleece before carding!!
- * If in constant use, the machine needs regular oiling.
*FREE Shipping is limited to USA 48 contiguous states and gets the carder to you in 5-7 days normally.