The 10" SampleIt Loom, From Ashford.
Ashford set out to make a loom
that is inexpensive, compact and cute without sacrificing function. This
is that loom. . . for new and experienced weavers alike. The perfect
classroom rigid heddle loom. Whether you are learning to weave for the
first time, want to learn new techniques or sample your wonderful yarns,
this loom is fun and easy to use. Just add yarn!
This is the perfect gift for a new weaver. Anybody can weave on this
wonderful little loom.
This 25cm (10ins) weaving width allows you to sample all your favorite rigid heddle patterns, textures and colors. The SampleIt loom is compact, it is only 1.1 kg (2.5lbs).
loom is made from beautiful solid natural unfinished Silver Beech
timber and has strong handles, ratchets and clicker pawls so your warp
never unwinds unintentionally. Now made to accommodate TWO heddles (the kit comes with 1 heddle) for double heddle weaving!
heddle weaving requires TWO heddles of the same dent and is not a
recommended weaving technique until you have mastered weaving projects
and understand the concept and process of weaving.
are heddles with holes and slots to allow you to weave at this many
threads per inch), 5, 7.5, 10, 12.5 and 15 DPI. There are choices so you
can weave fine to thick and textured yarns.
- 25cm (10 inches) weaving width
- Only weighs 1.1 kg (2.5lbs)
- Comes with a 7.5 DPI (30/10) reed. One only is supplied with the kit
- 2 shuttles are included
- Double ended threading hook is supplied
- Warping peg included
- Clamps are provided
- 20 page color step by step weaving booklet included
- Solid natural unfinished Silver Beech timber is used
- Strong handles, ratchets and clicker pawls so your warp never unwinds unintentionally.