New generation Louet spinning wheel, the Victoria, has Scotch tension: single drive belt, flyer driven with an adjustable bobbin brake to regulate the tension on the yarn that you are spinning. The standard ratios are higher than those of the first generation, which makes it easier to spin very fine yarns. When using the highspeed set the ratio increases even further.
Victoria is available in a lacquered beech (S95) and a lacquered oak version shown here (S96). The double treadle Victoria wheel folds down to 14 x 36 x 55 cm (5 1/2" x 14 1/4" x 21 3/4". It contains a lazy kate with two extra bobbins (3 total included).
A carrying case can be purchased separately, product# 1.197
- - Main wheel: 36 cm (14 1/4")
- - Ratios: 1:6, 1:8.5, 1:13 (1:20 with high speed set)
- - Orifice: 8 (w/reducer)and 12 mm (5/16" w/reducer) and 1/2"), height from the ground 59 cm (23 1/4")
- - Bobbin capacity: approx 100 gr (3.5 ounces)
- - Weight: 3.6 kg (8 lb)
- - With 3 Bobbins and lazy kate included
- extra bobbins
- high-speed set with three bobbins (ratio 1:20)
- high-speed bobbins
- third shaft to extend the lazy kate for three bobbins
- stand-alone foldable skeinwinder
- stand-alone lazy kate with adjustable brake for three bobbins
- carrying bag
Usually available from our North American warehouse with FREE FedEx Ground shipping to most USA street addresses.