It's been many years since we were
last able to offer this wheel but it is again being made - possibly for
just a limited time. If you have the desire to own one, this is your
opportunity to have one made to you specification from the choices that
- Choose your wood: CHERRY, MAPLE, or WALNUT?
- Choose SINGLE DRIVE (Scotch Tension), DOUBLE DRIVE, or Double Drive with a tension knob to change to Single Drive?
- Choose flyer on the LEFT or on the RIGHT?
or Right??? How do I know what I want??? Well, if you spin with you
left hand forward and your right hand holding the un-spun fiber, YOU are
probably going to be more comfortable with the flyer on the left. And
conversely, if you spin with you right hand forward and your left hand
un-spun fiber, YOU are probably going to be more comfortable with the
flyer on the right. Here's a scenario: My wife and I are both
right-handed, but my wife is most comfortable spinning with her left
hand forward and a wheel with the flyer on the left. I spin with my
right hand forward and I prefer a wheel with the flyer on the right.
It's important to make the correct choice as you can't change it around.
The LENDRUM SAXONY is a beautiful wheel that performs superbly.
- The Drive wheel is 28 inches in diameter
- This spinning wheel kit comes partially assembled.
- The wheel, bobbins and kate all come unfinished.
- Ratios: 8:1, 12:1, 15:1 and 18:1
- Supplied with four larger capacity bobbins, two whorls, and a Tensioned Lazy Kate.
- A matching wood orifice (threading) hook is included
can finish it yourself or take it to a woodworker or shop and have them
put a finish on it. A suggestion: a Danish Oil finish is probably the
easiest to do to protect the wood (and it looks superb!) but you may
have to re-do it every few years.
- We will have your wheel drop shipped directly from Lendrum to you.
Current time from order to shipping is several months - be flexible & patient
- Shipping is by UPS Ground - you address MUST be a UPS deliverable address
We charge your card shortly before shipping.