At PLY Magazine, the mission as a primary source for spinning knowledge, technique, and opinion is to do the following:
- support, reflect, and respond to the worldwide handspinning community
- provide in-depth material for intermediate to advanced spinners
- inspire new spinners
- celebrate the diversity of spinning and handspinners
- give a voice to spinners everywhere
- record the rich history, report on the vibrant present, and inspire the hopeful future of spinning by creating a themed, archive-worthy document of the spinning community’s aspirations, activities, and achievements.
- support indie businesses and craftspeople via affordable advertising, fair compensation, and return of intellectual property.
We think they've done a pretty good job!